Thursday, January 17, 2013

Zuppa Toscana-Sausage, potato Kale


Kimberly
Zuppa Toscana-Sausage, Kale, and Potato 
serves 8
8 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream 
5 med. white potatoes, unpeeled, cubed
1 lb spicy italian sausage
1/2 teas crushed red pepper flakes
4 cups kale, chopped
In a large skillet brown the sausage, drain and set aside.  In large stock pot add chicken broth, cream, and potatoes bring to boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.  Add the kale, red pepper flakes and sausage and simmer 20 more minutes.  Enjoy!
*I like to use Jimmy Dean hot italian sausage for this recipe.  
*This soup goes great with Kimberly's rolls.  The recipe for Kimberly's rolls is in the recipe box.
  
This is my daughter Taylor's favorite soup.  She likes to invite friends over when I make a batch.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I was happy to discover your blog. Let me know if you ever have any questions about blogging that I might be able to help with.

    ReplyDelete